Cardamom Breakfast Puffs
Cardamom Breakfast Puffs offer an effortless and delightful breakfast or dessert option. Their simplicity and deliciousness make them a perfect treat for any time of day. Enjoy these delightful puffs today!
How was your weekend? Wait. Do we have weekends anymore? Or are we on a day-to-day basis now? I dunno.
Let’s try it again. How has your day been so far? Hopefully, it’s been positive and productive. Honestly, those two words are keeping me sane. Finding something productive to do that is positive is a great challenge.
For example, I made a loaf of bread from scratch the other day. It was on the back burner for a while and I finally said the hell with it, I’m going to do it. This simple action gave me so much energy and positivity. Plus, I was super productive with time because I had to plan around the dough rising, baking, and cooling.
I highly recommend if there is something you’ve been jonesing to do small or big now is the time to do it! OH! Another positive and productive task I completed – making these Cardamom Breakfast Puffs. This is a twist on my mom’s famous breakfast puffs.
The batter is super quick to assemble and uses minimal ingredients. These are great served warm with a slab of butter on top. Or sprinkled over a bowl of ice cream for dessert. The cardamom adds a bit of luxuriousness to the puffs. If you don’t have cardamom simply omit and they will still taste amazing!
Okay, I hope you have a great day! Or hour? Or minute?
Cardamom Breakfast Puffs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter + 3 tbsp for garnish
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp ground cardamon, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 muffin cup with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt, nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp cardamom.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Next, add the egg and continue to beat.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in thirds alternating with the milk. Once everything is combined, using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter among the cups filling only about 2/3 of the way full. Bake the puffs for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the muffins have cooled, melt the remaining 3 tbsp of butter. In another bowl combine 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 tsp cardamon. Take a puff and dip into the melted butter and then roll it around in the sugar. Enjoy!
In conclusion, Cardamom Breakfast Puffs are a delightful way to start your day. Their fluffy texture and aromatic cardamom flavor make them a comforting and flavorful morning treat. Enjoy these puffs and savor every bite!