Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs
Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs are a fun twist on traditional cobb salad. Made with bacon, tomato, avocado, lettuce, and perfectly juicy hot dogs!
I have a very important question to ask you:
Hot dogs: LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM?
Personally, I love a delicious, juicy hot dog. My preferred way of consuming said hot dog is topped with ketchup, mustard, pickled relish, and white onion. Basically how I like my burgers too!
Today’s post is about exploring different toppings to put on your hot dog. Yes, we could all get comfortable with the standard dress and consume only at a baseball stadium.
However, these Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs will change the way you eat and enjoy your hot dog.
Don’t believe me? Well, have you ever put a salad on top of your hot dog? I thought so! Let’s dive in and see what all the hot diggity dog fuss is about!
What’s in these Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs?
Grilling or sautéing the hot dogs is the easy part. These Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs do come with a little bit of prep, which isn’t hard. BUT! If you are going to commit to these life changing hot dogs you’ve got to dive in head first.
For this recipe you will need:
- Hot Dogs
- Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh basil
Tips for Making these Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs:
- Hot dog. You can use whatever kind of hot dog you’d like! If you would prefer chicken or pork go ahead and sub out. I would suggest getting an organic option so at least you know it will taste the best! Of course, if you need to use Oscar Mayer footlong……GO FOR IT!
- Bacon. You can prep the baking while the hot dogs cook to save time. Just make sure to drain the bacon on a paper towel after cooking.
- Buttermilk dressing. A quick shortcut to this recipe is purchasing bottled dressing. However, if you want to make your own simply mix garlic, greek yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice, & basil together.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this vegetarian?
Yes! I would substitute the hot dog for a plant based product. There are so many options out there! Also, the same goes for bacon too!
Can I make this ahead of time?
You bet! I typically cook the bacon prior. It will last a few days in the fridge. You could also grill the hot dogs prior to assembly. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove top.
More Hot Dog Recipes to Enjoy:
- Loaded Barbecue Bison Hot Dogs
- Loaded Cheeseburger Hot Dogs
- French Croissant Hot Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Sliders
Easy Cobb Style Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot dogs
- 4 Hot dog buns, toasted
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1 large Avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, for garnish
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions.
- Next, place the bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy; about 5 minutes. Place the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Top hot dogs in buns with avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, and bacon. Drizzle with dressing.