Santa’s Trashed Up Cookies
Santa’s Trashed Up Cookies have all your favorite ingredients in one cookie! Whether you’ve been on the naughty list or not these will be a huge hit with Santa!
Santa is in for a treat this year.
I’ve got a dozen cookies that will make the jolly old soul twerk. Hey, if Santa can fit down a chimney than he most certainly can twerk.
Or at least that’s what my five year-old self would have thought. I always imagined Santa making a pit stop at our house to dance it out while Rudolph laid down some sick beats. Eggnog would be flowing and I would jump in with my “Fly Girls” for a quick dance off. Our house was the place to be come Christmas Eve.
So you could imagine when I found out from my older brother that Santa wasn’t real the music, well, stopped. Do you remember when you found out he wasn’t real? I remember it like it was yesterday. I don’t blame my brother at all for spilling the beans, but it definitely took the fun out as a little kid. Maybe they should have “Santa’s Not Real” support group?
Even though Santa is not real, I still think it’s fun to live vicariously through my nieces and nephews. Their faces when you talk about Santa is truly magical. So I thought it would be fun to make a big batch of Santa’s Trashed Up Cookies. Whether you are on the naughty or nice list Santa will not turn these bad boys down.
Made with chocolate chips, M&M’s, chex, and pretzels. These will make Santa grin from ear to ear. Now, let’s crank the music up.
Santa's Trashed Up Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup green and red M&M’s
- 1/3 cup crushed chex
- Preheat an oven to 350 and place a slip mat on a baking sheet. If you don’t have a slip mat just use parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the egg and vanilla extra until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and kosher salt. Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. I find it better to add the flour in three batches. Once combined the batter will be THICK!
- Add in the chocolate chips, pretzels, M&M’s and chex. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out the batter and place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to let them cool before setting them out for Santa!
All images and text ©