Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos
“Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos are a speedy, mouthwatering delight, ready in just 15 minutes! Perfect for busy weeknights, these nachos are a surefire crowd-pleaser, packed with flavor, and effortless.”
What do you call cheese that isn’t yours?
A: NACHO cheese.
Ha! I find myself to be hysterical at times. BUT! I feel like it’s the best joke to introduce today’s recipe. Nachos are literally the best thing to consume any night of the week. Just use up ingredients in the fridge, pile them on some tortilla chips, and bake until golden. So easy!
Now, I will toot my own horn because I make some mean nachos. Hence why these Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos are a must make. I tossed the chicken with salsa verde and copious amounts of cheese. I think what makes these nachos is the sour cream lime mixture. Brings a hint of creamy freshness.
Okay, I’m getting hungry so let’s make these Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos!
What’s in these Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos?
Nachos don’t need to be complicated. A few ingredients will do so in this recipe you will find:
Corn Tortilla chips
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos:
1) Chicken. If you are making this meal on the fly trying using store-bought rotisserie chicken. It’s a life saver. BUT! If you are meal prepping for the week just bake a few pieces of chicken breast in the oven and then shred. Seriously, whatever is easier!
2) Sour cream. I love sour cream. Like LOVE IT. BUT! I know it can turn some people off which is why Greek yogurt is a great substitute!
3) Salsa verde. This is where personal taste matters! You can use whatever brand of salsa verde that you love. Personally, I love Late July because it’s not as chunky as other salsas.
4) Cotija cheese. If you can’t find cotija cheese at the grocery store simply use a mild feta instead!
What Tortilla Chips do you recommend?
I enjoy a nice corn tortilla chip. However, there are so many chips out in the market that blue corn or even a mixture of tortilla chips would be delicious.
Can I make this Gluten-Free?
Yes! Make sure you use corn tortilla chips.
Should I put these under the broiler or a high oven temp?
Depends! My broiler sucks and to make sure everything gets nice and crispy I recommend putting the nachos in at 425 for about 10 minutes! But yes, you can definitely use your broiler. Just make sure to watch and rotate the sheet pan so everything gets nice and golden brown.
What do you recommend to serve with these Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos?
Anything and everything. But seriously, I would definitely make some palomas, queso, and more margaritas.
More Nacho Recipes to Enjoy:
- Crab Melt Pita Nachos
- Sheet Pan Bacon & Peach Nachos
- Farmers Market Sockeye Salmon Nachos
- Easy Turkey Sloppy Joe Nachos
Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 to 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- jalapenos sliced, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- On the baking sheet, layer it with chips, chicken, and cheese. Cook the nachos for about 5 to 10 minutes carefully checking to make sure nothing burns.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and garnish with sour cream mixture, cotija cheese, and jalapenos!
“In conclusion, Sheet Pan Verde Chicken Nachos offer a quick and flavorful solution for busy evenings. Enjoy the convenience and satisfaction of this delicious crowd-pleaser any night!”