Thai Basil Beef Stuffed Zucchini
***This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I was compensated for my time, but as always, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.***
What to do. What to do.
This time of year can feel overwhelming.
What does one do with all the summer produce? The Farmers’ Market is bursting at the seams with tomatoes, corn, peppers, potatoes, and zucchinis. It’s hard to know what to pick, cook, and eat!
Well, today I’m helping you put that produce to good use. The answer to our problem: ground beef. Literally the most versatile protein. I always have a few packages in the freezer or keep a pound in the fridge to add to any dish throughout the week. Which is why these Thai Basil Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats were easy to make!
Why use Ground Beef?
Like I mentioned above, Ground Beef is extremely versatile. It’s also budget-friendly, and doesn’t need time to marinate like other cuts of beef. Ground Beef can be turned into burgers and used on the grill. Ground Beef can be sautéed and added to a spaghetti sauce. Ground Beef can even be formed into a meatloaf and then smoked.
How Do You Know Which % to Purchase?
Most groceries stores will have available at minimum 80%, 90%, and 93% Ground Beef. These percentages mean how much fat is included in the ground beef. I typically purchase 80% because I like the taste of 20% fat content. Once you get above 90% you start reducing the amount of fat which does make the Ground Beef taste leaner.
For the Thai Basil Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe that I’m sharing today, I used 80% and let me tell you, it packs a whole lot of flavor!
Tips for Prepping Ground Beef
If you have a frozen pound of Ground Beef make sure to defrost in the fridge overnight. This will ensure a safe defrosting.
Cooking Ground Beef
Again there are many ways to cook Ground Beef, but for today’s recipe I simply sautéed a pound of Ground Beef in a skillet. Pro tip: heat is your friend! Once you’ve got a nice hot skillet add the Ground Beef and let it brown a bit. That brown crisp is where you develop flavor!
Once you’ve got your Ground Beef cooked with spices and fresh herbs, you will stir in some coconut rice. Then simply stuff the ground beef mixture into some hollowed out zucchini halves. Place the dish in the oven to cook for a few minutes. Remove and garnish with carrot-pepper topping. That’s it!
Other Ways to Use this Thai Basil Beef:
– Stuff into bell peppers
– Stuff into eggplants
– Stuff into mushrooms
– Stuff into russet potatoes
Ground Beef is so wonderful and delicious! I hope this Thai Basil Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats will find its way onto your dining room table! For more information and recipe information make sure to visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com!
More Ground Beef Recipes to Enjoy:
- Curry Coconut Shepherd’s Pie
- Crumbly Burger Sliders with Djion Shallot Relish
- Bacon and Brie Burger with Spicy Peach Caramelized Onions
- Mr.B’s Chili
Thai Basil Beef Stuffed Zucchini
- for the zucchini:
- 4 to 5 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- for the coconut rice:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- for the Thai basil beef:
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- for the carrot-pepper topping:
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- for the zucchini:
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Take a small spoon or mellon baller and hollow out the center of each zucchini halve. Place the zucchini halves on the baking sheet along. Drizzle the tops with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook the zucchini for about 10 to 15 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- for the coconut rice:
- Rinse and drain the rice in cold water. In a saucepan add the rice, water, coconut milk, and kosher salt. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to simmer, cover the saucepan, and continue to cook for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered. Fluff with fork before combing with beef.
- for the Thai Basil Beef:
- In a large skillet preheated to medium-high heat add some olive oil, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes and then add in the Ground Beef. Using a fork break up the beef. Add ground pepper and continue to cook for about five minutes. Once the beef has browned, add in the soy sauce, chili sauce, and basil. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for another few minutes or until sauce has thickened. Next, add the coconut rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- for the carrot- pepper topping:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the stuffed zucchini, take the Ground Beef/ rice mixture and place into each zucchini halve. Top the zucchini with some of the mozzarella and place back into the oven to allow the cheese to melt about five minutes. Remove the zucchini from the oven and garnish with carrot-pepper topping!
Did you know these truths on CBD OIL and Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil? Cannabinoids are separated from hemp using supercritical CO2 extraction. Thanks to contemporary innovation, the resulting solution is clean, free of unneeded waxes and heavy metals, naturally present in the plant, and the sucked liquid has a common, oily consistency. CBD oil includes cannabidiol as a base component and might include only trace quantities of tetrahydroxycannabidiol (THC). It is suggested by physicians and pharmacists as an antioxidant and substance that obstructs the action of proinflammatory cytokines (proteins), e.g. in Crohn’s illness or ulcerative intestinal tract. RSO oil has a low CBD material, while high THC. The synergistic (enhancing) action of CBD and THC relative to each other is utilized here. Both cannabinoids can do much more together than when used separately. Both marijuana oil type CBD and RSO also contain other cannabinoids, such as cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG). The secret is not, however, that CBD often has actually a composition broadened to include flavones, flavonoids, terpenes, terpenoids, amino acids and omega acids. The distinction is mostly due to motives assisting humankind to use one or the other product. CBD medical cannabis oil is a rather beneficial blend of cannabinoids, designed to safeguard versus 21st century illness. It’s finest to utilize all of these compounds together, as nature created them and enclosed in marijuana inflorescences. It ends up that cannabidiol boosts the effects of cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG), and flavonoids or flavones improve the absorption of these compounds. Omega-6 and omega-3 extremely nurture the body and do not enable to alter, which speed up the aging procedure of the organism and enhance the development of cancer. Oil of marijuana in a kind of hobby APR includes little quantities of CBD, stabilized by the presence of THC. – Modern scientific research shows that CBD + THC cope with major autoimmune diseases, while CBC or CBG show minimal activity in the presence of both compounds, simply like terpenes, flavones or flavonoids, for that reason their content in the solution seems to be unnecessary. In addition, the marijuana strain from which THC and CBD are derived contain negligible quantities of other cannabinoids. Cannabis oil has actually currently marked a new age in which man ceased to fear what is unidentified, and started to uncover what our forefathers had already observed and utilize the considerable potential, in the beginning look, a little bizarre relationships, associated mainly with pathology. Medical cannabis, contrary to its name, does not imply fermented female inflorescences and leaves including psychoactive substances coiled in so-called «Joints», but a helpful oil without psychedelic THC. A standard person, after taking dosages of medical marijuana and attaining the proper state of cannabinoids in the blood, can enjoy increased resistance, decreased susceptibility to cancer, postponed aging and decreased threat of stroke or cardiac arrest. CBD oil contains cannabidiol as a base component and might contain just trace quantities of tetrahydroxycannabidiol (THC). RSO oil has a low CBD content, while high THC. Both cannabis oil type CBD and RSO likewise contain other cannabinoids, such as cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG). CBD medical cannabis oil is a rather helpful blend of cannabinoids, developed to safeguard versus 21st century disease. Oil of cannabis in a kind of pastime APR consists of little quantities of CBD, stabilized by the presence of THC.