asian barbecue sticky tater tots with toasted sesame seeds
Embark on a taste journey with our Asian Barbecue Sticky Tater Tots. Crispy perfection meets sweet and savory bliss, creating a delightful snacking experience that brings the best of Asian flavors to you.
Oh, goodness, has it really been that long? Jeez.
You’d think one would notice after all this time. Yes, it’s only been a couple of months, but in tater tot time, that’s like 17 years ago! The last time I posted a tater tot recipe I stuffed them into these delicious poblano peppers with chorizo and a mega load of cheese. If I had to swim in a pool of chorizo and cheese the rest of my life, I would not complain.
So, rather than wait one more single minute, let’s talk tots. Oh, I just remembered another thing, I would also like to swim in a pool full of puppies. I’m not entirely sure how that would work, but I’m thinking soft fur, cute ears, and lots of kisses. If that didn’t work, there’s always noodles. Like in the movie Patch Adams. Swimming in ooooodles of noodles. Sounds fun, right?
Shoot. Are you still there? Who knew puppies and noodles could be so distracting?
Anyways, about them tots. Golden, perfectly fried tater tots. Sure you can make brussel sprout totchos, breakfast tots, or even Thanksgiving tots, but we haven’t covered a certain Eastern flavor yet. I present to you….You know what, if puppies and noodles were sold out at the pool supply store, I would try marshmallow frosting. It would be sticky as hell, but fun to do a cannonball into, right?
Good heavens. I might be loosing my marbles. Stay on task. TOTS! Lot’s o’ tots. This may be my favorite tot recipe of ALL TIME. We all go bonkers over Asian barbecue sticky wings. Well, take the sauce sans the wings and add tots. What have you got? Sticky tots.
I should be a poet. For reals.
Now, I’m thinking a pool of maple syrup might be fun…..
Asian barbecue sticky tater tots with toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bag frozen or homemade tater tots
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup Asian chile sauce
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced thinly, garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place tots on baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, add hoisin, chile sauce, rice vinegar, chicken stock, ginger, sesame oil, salt & pepper to a saucepan. Bring to a slight simmer and stir until thickened; about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove saucepan to skillet.
- Once the tots are cooked, remove from oven and place into a large bowl. Pour the Asian barbecue sauce over the tots and gently toss. Pour covered tots into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve immediately.
In conclusion, our Asian Barbecue Sticky Tater Tots redefine snacking, offering a perfect blend of crispiness and Asian-inspired flavors. Elevate your palate with this irresistible and satisfying treat.