Easy Gold Rush Cocktail
The Easy Gold Rush Cocktail is a revitalizing blend of bourbon, honey, and zesty lemon juice. This refreshingly simple concoction offers a harmonious balance of flavors, making it a delightful choice for those seeking a crisp and satisfying cocktail experience.
Bourbon is a spirit that is offended sipped during the winter months.
Well, we are throwing that assumption out the window because this item is best sipped all year round.!
A Gold Rush Cocktail is a modern take on the classic Whiskey Sour. However, in this version you won’t find egg whites or bitters. You will only need three ingredients! Pretty sweet, right?
So, shall we dive in and see what your new summer, fall, winter, or spring drink will look like?
What’s in this Easy Gold Rush Cocktail?
When it comes to making a cocktail I want it to be simple to make, but refreshing. Which is why I love making this Gold Rush Cocktail. This classic cocktail is a twist on the whiskey sour. All you need are a few ingredients:
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon peel
- Bourbon. Since this cocktail only has three ingredients you want to drink a bourbon that won’t put hair on your chest! Our personal favorite is Breckenridge Bourbon.
- Honey. Use what you have in the pantry! The best way to mix honey and water together in the microwave. However, if you need to do it on the stovetop that will work too!
- Lemon juice. Use freshly squeezed since again this is a simple ingredient cocktail!
How to Make Easy Gold Rush Cocktail?
Step 1: In a heatproof measuring cup, combine water and honey. Microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until honey is dissolved, about 30 seconds.
Step 2: In a cocktail shaker, combine honey syrup, bourbon, and fresh lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake, about 30 seconds.
Step 3: Strain into 2 ice-filled rocks glasses. Garnish with lemon peel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does a Gold Rush Cocktail taste like?
The Gold Rush is a new-ish cocktail that tastes like a classic whisky sour, with its straightforward mix of bourbon, lemon, and honey.
How was the Gold Rush cocktail invented?
The drink was created over a decade ago by T.J Siegal at the Milk & Honey bar in New York’s Lower East Side.
Is it easy to mix bourbon and honey?
Yes! The best thing to do is to dilute the honey in water in the microwave prior to adding it to the bourbon. Basically creating a honey syrup.
What’a good bourbon for under $50?
I would try Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, or even Maker’s Mark.
More Refreshing Cocktails to Enjoy:
Easy Gold Rush Cocktail
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Bourbon – Whiskey
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedge, for garnish
- In a heatproof measuring cup, combine water and honey. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until honey is dissolved.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine honey syrup, bourbon, and lemon juice. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake.
- Strain into 2 ice-filled rocks glasses. Garnish with lemon wedge!