Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza
Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza is a delicious and healthy-ish pizza to make any night of the week! Made with pesto, broccoli, chicken, and cheese!
Fact: there’s never a wrong time for pizza.
I’d be curious to know how many pizzas are delivered on a Friday night. The number has to be crazy high, right?
I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve ordered our fair share of pizzas. However, sometimes delivery from your favorite pizza joint can feel a bit routine. Which is why I love making our own versions at home.
Well, if you need a new pizza to add to your rotation you need to try this Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza. The pesto sauce makes this pizza reign supreme and topped with a load of veggies and copious amounts of cheese…..watch out!
Alright, ready to cook?
What’s in this Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza?
The ingredient list you will find is minimal and that’s because I used store-bought pizza dough. If you want to make your own pizza dough, please do so. BUT! If you want to save time grab some pizza dough at your local pizza joint or the grocery store.
For this recipe you will need:
- Pizza dough
- Shredded chicken
- Broccoli florets
- Green Goddess Dressing
Tips for Making this Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza:
- Park-bake your pizza dough. This is a VERY IMPORTANT step. You’ll roll out your pizza dough onto a prepared baking dish either into a circle or rectangle. You will cook the dough for about 5 to 7 minutes before you add any toppings. This will ensure you don’t end up with soggy pizza dough!!!
- Pesto. I typically buy pesto from the grocery store because it’s easier! If you have some frozen pesto in the freezer that’s homemade, that would be equally delicious!
- Cheese. I love using mozzarella on pizza because it melts beautifully. However, white cheddar or gouda would be an excellent substitute.
- Green Goddess Dressing. Again, to keep this recipe simple I used store bought green goddess dressing!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I swap out the vegetables in this pizza?
You bet! Any vegetable that you love you can add to this pizza. I just kept it green for the sake of the title and dressing!
Can I make this Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can make this pizza a day ahead and reheat slowly in the oven at 225 degrees until warmed through.
Can I make this pizza vegetarian?
Yes! Simply omit the shredded chicken and add more cheese + greens!
How long can I store this Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza?
This pizza will keep up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
More Pizza Recipes to Enjoy:
- Pepperoni Pizza Pot Pie
- White Mushroom Pizza with Crispy Pepperoni
- Greek Pizza Bagels
- Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Pizza
Easy Green Goddess Chicken Pizza
- 1 pkg Pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup Pesto
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup Shredded mozarella
- 3 to 4 slices Fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Fresh arugula, for garnish
- Green Goddess Dressing, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-cook sticking spray.
- Roll the pizza dough into a 9X13 rectangle or 10-inch circle. Partially bake the crust for about six to seven minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Take the pesto sauce and spread it on top of the pizza crust leaving a one-inch border all the way around. Top the pesto sauce with broccoli, chicken, shredded mozzarella and sliced mozzarella. Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with arugula and green goddess dressing. Slice and enjoy!