Easy Smoky Carrot Dip
Easy Smoky Carrot Dip is a delicious dip that’s great as a snack and fancy enough as a holiday appetizer!
Raise your hand if you would rather have a meze of appetizers or a single meal?
I am definitely on the collection of appetizers vs a single meal. However, the hubby likes the standard one plate meal. I remember making a big charcuterie board around happy hour thinking this would be dinner. Nope.
Right around 7pm I get the….”Babe, what’s for dinner?” Sigh.
Well, if you are into a meze of appetizers for snacking and dinner this Easy Smoky Carrot Dip will become a new favorite. It’s like eating all your vegetables, but wayyyyyyy tastier and fun!
What’s in the Smoky Carrot Dip?
Okay, well, obviously carrots. You can use any kind you have. Baby carrots that you need to use up would work great too!
- Carrots (no need to peel!)
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
For me, I love that this dip is very straightforward. Simple ingredients that you can find in your pantry or crisper. BONUS: it won’t break the LB bank. If I had French Onion dip around I would never stop eating it!
What do you recommend to serve with it?!
Whatever tickles your fancy. I always go with the opposite color of the dip when choosing “dippers.” Since the carrot dip is orange anything green or purple would look pretty on a board!
May I substitute the carrots for another vegetable?
Definitely! I would try cauliflower. You need a vegetable that you can roast for a long period of time without it becoming soggy.
Do I have to use almonds?
Nope! Pine nuts would be an excellent option. Just make sure you adjust your salt portion as pine nuts can be a bit saltier than almonds.
When should I serve this dip?
Like I mentioned above you can serve this dip for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Spread some on a piece of toast and top with scrambled egg. Dollop it on top of a big salad for lunch. For dinner simply create a mezze board and enjoy!
More dip recipes you will love:
- Baked Three Cheese Onion Dip
- Hot Chicken Dip with Honey Toast
- 5 Ingredient Mediterranean Dip
- BLT Dip
Easy Smoky Carrot Dip
- 2 lbs carrots, trimmed, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Roast the carrots for one hour or until tender.
- Next, transfer the carrots to a food processor and then add the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, paprika, parsley, and 1/2 cup olive oil, almonds, salt and pepper. Process until smooth adding more olive oil as needed.
- Taste the dip to make sure the seasoning is correct. You may need to add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Transfer dip to a bowl and serve with a collection of dippers – cucumber, potato chips, radicho slices, etc.
- Dip can be made 1 week ahead.