Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars
Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars are a delicious snack or dessert to make!
Which do you prefer?
A snack or dessert?
Truth: I would definitely pick a snack. Much like a toddler I could graze all day and be happy. However, if you handed me one of these Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars I would not pass up the opportunity to eat a bar as a snack or dessert.
I’m telling you these bars taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but better. A quick batter is baked until golden brown and topped with strawberry jam and fresh strawberries. You will want to keep these bars around all the time!
Alright, now I need a snack. Wait. Dessert. I say we get baking!
What’s in these Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars?
Whenever I want a snack or dessert, I want something with substance. These Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars are dense, flavorful, and quick to make. For this recipe you will need:
- Peanut Butter (or nut butter)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jam
Tips for Making Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars:
1) Peanut butter. If you are using regular peanut butter make sure it’s the smooth variety to make mixing easier. If you are allergic to peanuts you can definitely swap it for a nut butter!
2) Strawberries. During the warmer months fresh strawberries are easy to find. However, feel free to use frozen strawberries. Just make sure to drain the liquid before adding it as a topping.
Can I make these Gluten-Free?
You bet! Simply swap out the all-purpose flour for gluten-free or almond flour.
Can I freeze these Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars?
Yes! You can freeze the peanut butter base in a container for up to 3 months.
What if I don’t like strawberries?
Any kind of berry would work in this! Raspberry jam and fresh raspberries mixed with blueberries on top would be amazing!!
Do you serve them as a snack or dessert?
BOTH! These bars are great for a quick, dense snack. Or serve as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream!
More Strawberry Recipes to Enjoy:
- Strawberry Basil Cobbler
- Strawberry Peach Galette
- Roasted Strawberry Ricotta Cake
- Easy Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls with Rose Icing
Easy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (or nut butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam preserves
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan (9X13X2) with parchment and leave a little for overhang. This will help remove the bars once they are done cooking.
- In mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and peanut butter until combined. Next, add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, egg, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined. Add in the flour and continue to combine.
- Take the dough and spread it into the the prepared pan. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack. Once cooled remove the bars from the pan and spread the jam on top followed by sliced strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
Oh, I had to make these right now! They’re delicious. (Don’t forget to add the vanilla.)
Thanks, Kevin! Sorry about that. I’ve updated the recipe!! Glad you like the bars!
These look delicious!
thank you! i promise these bars are amazing!!
great snack and classic pairing in such a creative, love the fresh strawberries too, thank you!
yay! I’m so glad you like it!
I have made strawberry bars. I have made peanut butter bars. I have never ever even thought to combine the two, even though they’re always paired in sandwiches. This is brilliant! I needed a good recipe to bring to a potluck this weekend too. You should submit this recipe to https://www.californiastrawberries.com/explore-our-recipes/.