One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
“One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese combines rich, bold flavors and gooey cheese in a single, convenient meal. This dish is a taste explosion that’s both hearty and satisfying, making it a go-to option for a quick and delicious dinner. With minimal cleanup, it’s a win-win for busy weeknights and comfort food cravings.”
In Denver, we can get some pretty cold days.
Thankfully I have a slew of one-pot meals that keep my family full and warm.
This One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese is a new go-to. Made with ground beef, fire roasted tomatoes, spices, and a fam favorite, orecchiette pasta. It’s the best mash-up of flavors between hearty chili and cheesy mac & cheese.
Great meal to freeze, bring to a new mama, or when need a tasty dish in 30 minutes. I promise this these will be a regular in your dinner rotation.
Let’s get cooking!
What’s in this One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese?
In my opinion there is nothing better during the cooler months than a big pot of warming soup, chili, or stew. This One-Pot Chili Mac and Cheese hits all the right spots and will leave you satisfied and full. You will need:
- Ground beef
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans
- Chili powder
- Chicken stock
- Orecchiette pasta
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Orecchiette. This ear shaped pasta is super fun to mix up from traditional shells. However, use whatever kind of pasta you have in the pantry.
- Beans. I adore kidney beans which is why I used them in this recipe. Again, you can use any variety of bean like pinto, black bean, etc.
- Cayenne pepper. If you like heat I would definitely add a pinch of cayenne. If cayenne isn’t your thing you could try a couple dashes of your favorite kind of hot sauce.
- Cheddar cheese. You can’t go wrong with cheddar, but pepper jack, Colby jack, or Monterey cheese would be excellent substitutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I substitute the ground beef?
You bet! I would suggest using ground chicken, pork, or turkey. Or, if you really want to kick things up a notch try chorizo!
Can you freeze this One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese?
Yes! This is any excellent meal to freeze. Make sure you allow the meal to cool completely before storing in the freezer. It will keep up until a month.
What sides do you recommend serving this with?
I would suggest a side salad or a big loaf of garlic bread!
More Delicious One-Pot Meals to Enjoy:
- Chicken and Chorizo Gumbo
- Easy Parmesan Tomato Soup
- The Ultimate Lamb Chili
- One-Pot Greek Biscuits & Gravy Cobbler
One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large Yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 15oz Can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz Can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 12 oz Orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven preheated to medium heat, add the olive oil. Next, add in the onion and cook until softened about four to five minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Next, add in the ground beef and using a wooden spoon break up the meat. Cook the beef until no longer pink, about 5 minutes and drain any excess fat.
- Next, add in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, celery seed, onion powder, chicken broth, and pasta. Make sure everything is combined and bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
“Summing it up, One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese is your go-to for a convenient, flavorful, and comforting meal. Delight in its deliciousness with ease and minimal cleanup!”