Roasted Curry Cauliflower Hummus
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Hummus is an easy and delicious appetizer! Homemade hummus topped with roasted curry cauliflower is great as a snack or party app!
Can you believe it’s finally here?
We all know that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting hitched this coming Saturday. Every news channel, Instagram Story and Snapchat feed is in full cover mode for the Royal nuptials. Truth: when William and Kate got married, I recorded eight hours of straight wedding shenanigans because I’m slightly obsessed.
BUT! This year another very important wedding will be taking place on Saturday May 19th as well. My baby brother, Jordan, will be marrying the woman of his dreams, Arin, in what will be the wedding of the year! For our family at least.
As a big sister I’m so excited to watch my brother say, “I do.” Arin is two-snaps up and I can’t wait to have her a sister-in-law because she officially completes our nuclear family circle. And she makes a mean Moscow Mule!
Anyway, I can hardly contain my excitement and tears. It’s going to be a magical weekend! And with any magical weekend we are all going to need some substance to keep our energy up, which is why this Roasted Curry Cauliflower Hummus is a must!
My homemade hummus is to die for. No really. The recipe takes less than five minutes to make and is the perfect spread to set out for folks to graze on. With the addition of the roasted curry cauliflower on top, it gives the hummus a little royal somethin’, somethin.’ Serve alongside with your favorite dipping tools – pita chips, cucumbers, etc. This will be an app you’ll never forget.
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Hummus
- 1/2 cup purple cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup orange cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 15oz can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- Pita chips, for dipping
- Cucumbers, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Toss the florets with 1 tbsp olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper (to taste). Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown, flipping the cauliflower halfway through cooking. Once cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside.
- While the cauliflower cooks, in the bottom of a food processor add tahini and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Process for about 30 seconds until combined. Next, add in 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Continue to process until well combined.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor. Process for about 1 minute scraping down the sides to make sure the chickpeas get well combined. At this point you may want to add a tablespoon of water to keep the hummus from getting to thick. Now, add the remaining chickpeas and process for another minute adding more water until desired consistency. Add more salt if needed.
- To serve: spoon the hummus onto a serving plate. Top the hummus with roasted curry cauliflower. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil. Serve alongside pita chips, cucumbers, etc.
In conclusion, our Roasted Curry Cauliflower Hummus is a delightful fusion of creamy texture and bold flavor. With the warmth of curry and the wholesome goodness of roasted cauliflower, it’s a unique and satisfying dip that will elevate your snacking experience. Whether enjoyed with fresh veggies or as a spread, this hummus is a flavorful addition to any table. Embrace the goodness of this nutritious and delectable treat, and savor every bite!