Roasted Strawberry Ricotta Cake
Roasted Strawberry Ricotta Cake is a delightful and delicious cake perfect for breakfast or as dessert!
Can I tell you something?
Prepare to chuckle.
I had a moment last week when I was thinking of what to make us to get ready for Valentine’s Day. I knew I wanted to make a cake. I knew I wanted to make another version of the easiest and fluffiest ricotta cake ever (see past cakes: here, here, and here). And I knew the cake needed to be of a red hue.
After listing out every fruit option to put on top of this dreamy cake, I landed on strawberries. Easy enough. Or so I thought. See, I couldn’t just slap slices of strawberries on top of the cake. It would look like a serial killer writing a love letter.
So, I set off to a place where one can get lost in the midst of search: You Tube. For the record I don’t ever spend time on You Tube. Maybe I’m just too old, but I don’t get it. I hear it’s all the range for tweens and teenagers. Like entertainment galore for the youngsters. Weird, right?
Anyway, the whole point of You Tube excursion is to tell you that I actually had to search – “How to slice a strawberry into a heart that doesn’t look like a serial killer did the slicing?”. Zero results. So I searched again – “How to cut a strawberry into a heart-shape?” Better. A minute long video popped up and gave me exactly what I needed. I felt like I could conquer the world.
I will note that I am not the only pour soul on this planet that didn’t know how to accomplish this task. 289,210 people also found the video to their liking. With a successful journey to the search abyss, I now bring you this Roasted Strawberry Ricotta Cake.
You can certainly make this cake all year round, but I highly recommend making it for someone special on the big heart day. It’s great for breakfast or as dessert. Just make it with love and tell them you even had to use You Tube.
Tonsil hockey guaranteed.
Roasted Strawberry Ricotta Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into heart-shapes
- Confectioners sugar, for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another large bowl combine eggs, ricotta, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once combined pour the batter into the cake prepared cake pan. Place the strawberry hearts in a festive manner on top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for about 45 to 60 minutes depending on your oven or until a toothpick inserted into the middle runs clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven to cool before slicing and dusting with confectioners sugar.
You just say 9 inch pan. Does it invert easily out of the pan, or did you mean to use a springform pan? This looks delicious.
“How to slice a strawberry into a heart that doesn’t look like a serial killer did the slicing?” Haha!! Best search request 🙂 Thank you for sharing the recipe! It looks so beautiful! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Pingback: The Weekend List vol. 1 - Her Heartland Soul
Pingback: February Coffee Date. Edition: I'm Going on a Trip! - Monica Swanson