spicy asian chicken puff pastry bites with hoisin peanut sauce
Today is a special day!
……and I hope you came HANGRY.
Grab a seat, pour yourself some giggle or non-giggle juice because we are celebrating Michelle, author of the delicious blog, Healthy Recipe Ecstasy and her new baby boy, Alexander. Michelle is a gem and super sweet. And from her updates, motherhood looks good on her!
Not only is Michelle a wonderful friend, wife, and mother, her recipes are too! Like Buckweat Crepes with Greek Salad, Dark Chocolate Cherry Protein Bars, and if you are are new mom she has your back….check out her round-up of 10 Easy Meals for New Moms!
Even though I’m not a mom, but have tons of nieces and nephews, I can imagine making a recipe for a friends baby shower or even for yourself can be a challenge sometimes. So, I decided to create a recipe that ANYONE can whip up in 2.2 seconds thanks to some puff pasty friends. These little puff pastry bites are stuffed with spicy asian chicken tossed with a hoisin peanut sauce.
Once you stuff these bites, top the chicken with roasted veggies and garnish with some parsley. It’s instant pretty food fit for a village.
Make sure to check out the rest of the catering crew and their wonderful recipes!
- Manchego Cheese Fritters with Honey Mustard Ranch, by Cooking and Beer
- Asparagus Tomato Crostini with Fresh Mint and Chives, by Simply Fresh Dinners
- Strawberry Bruschetta with Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, by The NY Melrose Family
- Kimchi Salmon and Rainbow Pickles, by BAM’s Kitchen
- Curried Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Carrot Slaw, by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos, by Natural Chow
- Spicy Asian Chicken Puff Pastry Bites with Hoisin Peanut Sauce, by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Mahi Mahi with Dragon Fruit-Pineapple Salsa, by No Gojis No Glory
- Warm Corn Salad, by The Complete Savorist
- Asian Jerk Meatball Wraps, by Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- Roasted Cauliflower and Pearl Barley Bowls with Creamy Tahini-Dill Dressing, by An Edible Mosaic
- Grilled Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Salad with Coconut Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette, by Food Faith Fitness
- Asparagus with Grated Egg and Capers, by Pinch and Swirl
- Strawberry Spinach Salad, by Bitz & Giggles
- Almond and Caramel Date Tart with Chocolate Ganache (Vegan and Gluten-Free), by The Crafting Foodie
- Coconut Sorbet, by House of Yumm
- Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with a Cookie Dough Crust, by Vitamin Sunshine
Also, don’t forget to enter our fabulous giveaway! You could win a Kitchen Aid 5-Speed Diamond Blender! Holla! Just enter your information in the Rafflecopter below:
Enter to Win!
Spicy Asian Chicken Puff Pastry Bites with Hoisin Peanut Sauce
for the chicken:
1/2 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon olive
1 red pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 small carrot, diced
24 puff pasty bites, baked according to package instructions
Radish slices, garnish
salt and pepper to taste
for the hoisin peanut sauce:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons peanut butter
4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lime juice
pinch of black pepper
for the chicken:
In a large skillet preheated to medium high heat, add the olive oil, chicken, and s&p. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken skillet and set aside in a bowl. Next, add the carrot, red pepper, and onion to the same skillet with a little more olive oil. Saute veggies until softened about seven minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Toss the hoisin peanut mixture with the chicken. Next, take a puff pastry bite and fill each bite with chicken and top with veggies and garnish with parsley. Repeat until all the mixtures have been used. Enjoy!
for the hoisin peanut sauce:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
hoisin peanut sauce adapted from Cooking LightAll images and text ©
I want the whole plate! YUM!
You go it! Thanks, Rachel!
Simply stated those are gorgeous! Plus, the flavor combinations sound like an absolute win.
Thank you so much, Jenny! xoxo
What a fun combination for a shower. Seriously I could pop several in my mouth for breakfast.
Thanks so much, friend!
And I’m hungry. 🙂 I love any finger food that you can pop straight into your mouth! I wish I could attend this shower in person so I could eat all the yummy foods RIGHT NOW! 🙂 🙂 You guys are the best!
So many babies and weddings and virtual parties lately. I’m loving it! These little bites look perfect – I’d like to shove 20 in my face right now.
Is it okay that I want these for breakfast? It’s 7am and now I’m drooling. 🙂 These look wonderful, Lauren! 🙂
These are so beautiful, Lauren! Pinning and saving because I’ve just got to taste them. Thanks for a great recipe 🙂
What a treat!!! And how special! Congrats to them on the new addition.
Yay congrats to Michelle! I definitely came over here hangry today and these little bites looks amazing! Puff pastry shells like these for parties is a life saver!
Virtual celebrations are so wonderful! Congratulations on the pregnancy. 🙂 These puff pastries are right up my alley.
These look too good to be true!! You had me at hoisin!
1. I need these bites in my life immediately – they sound amazing!
2. This popped up in my facebook feed and I thought of you (you’re going to freak!)
I was definitely feeling hangry when I first read this post! I love how you cut up the pastries into hexagon shapes, too! Can I just eat the whole tray of them?
Vibrant colors and flavours and just perfect for a little mouthful nibble at a shower or maybe just a whole plate of them if you are a hungry teenager.
What cute little appetizers.. and so simple to make too. I definitely can see myself making this recipe and devouring plenty..!
These look so yummy! This is a fantastic appetizer !!!
Aww so fun!! I love that these bites are stuffed with some veggies AND topped with that luscious sauce! I could probably just drink that and be pretty happy.
The puffs look amazing and I love your pictures! This appetizer is absolutely a winner! Am I right ladies? 🙂
Fun little bites!