Strawberry-Peach Galette is a quick and delightful dessert made with summer’s best fruit!
You are coming in HOT.
Like HOT-HOT. Yes, it’s hotter than balls outside, but I am playing major catch up from being gone last week. How did July get so busy?!
I’m not complaining it just feels odd considering I was locked in my house for two months straight. Can I just say that the world is just bonkers? Glad we can all agree on that.
This week I have family coming into town and then we are headed to the mountains. I can’t wait! This will be Charlie’s first real trip to Colorado Rockies. She did really well on our hike over the Fourth of July that I’m hoping (fingers crossed) she will still love being out and about.
Crap. Which reminds me that I still need to order a pack-n-play for her. Thoughts on what to get? I don’t need anything fancy. Just something that will keep her comfortable….and asleep! I also need to check if VBRO has a closet we can stash her bed in since it’s still light out at 7:00pm. I thought about getting the slumberpod. Thoughts?
Enough about my never ending to-do list let’s talk about something much more scrumptious – Strawberry-Peach Galette. This super simple dessert comes together quickly and is made with summer’s best fruit. You can’t beat a strawberry-peach combo. Toss that combo into a flaky pie crust and top it with ice cream….OH.MY!
I feel like this Strawberry-Peach Galette will show Monday whos’ boss. Who needs a slice?
- 1 package of store bought pie crust
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- whipping cream, for garnish (optional)
- ice cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pie crust on the baking sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a round about 12-inch diameter.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp granulated sugar on the dough leaving a 1-inch border. Lay the strawberries and peaches into the center of the dough and arrange in an even layer; making sure to leave a 2-inch border.
- Next, sprinkle the strawberries and peaches with 1 tbsp sugar and the remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- Garnish the top with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl beat an egg. Using a pastry brush, brush the border with the egg wash.
- Take the border of the dough and fold the dough over the strawberries and peaches making your way around; overlapping as needed. Brush the top of the border with more egg wash and sprinkle with more granulated sugar.
- Bake the galette for about 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before slicing!