Za’atar Baked Cauliflower Nuggets
Za’atar Baked Cauliflower Nuggets are a delicious and easy side to make during the week!
This is a very HOT topic at the moment.
Even though Charlie is not old enough to go to school, I just have a heavy heart for all the teachers and students. What are they supposed to do? Virtually learning is okay, but kids need to interact with one another!
At the retreat last week one of the ladies mentioned having homeschooling group rotation. Meaning they have five women with a total of five kids among them. Each mom is going to take a day throughout the week to teach the kids while the other moms get a break. GENIUS.
To me, it takes the pressure off coming up with an agenda all day. PLUS! If you have a safe pod where your kids can actually play with one another. This might be the new normal for a bit.
Besides trying to figure out all the classroom learning…..what about all the cute school supplies just marinating at Target? Do you really need a big ass trapper keeper when all it will see is the light of the dining room table? So sad!
Anyway, if we can’t have all the back-to-school goodies then we will just have to stick with all the delicious back-to-school eats! If you love cauliflower then these Za’atar Baked Cauliflower Nuggets are for you!! So crispy, easy to bake in the oven, and can be used as a side or as a main!
Za'atar Baked Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Za’atar seasoning (if you want a less intense flavor I would do only 1/2 tbsp)
- 3/4 cup favorite light beer or plain sparkling water
- Tzatziki, for serving
- Fresh oregano, for garnish
- Feta crumbles, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray just to make sure nothing sticks.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and Za’atar seasoning. Pour in the beer and mix until everything is well combined. Add in the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Spread the cauliflower florets into an even layer on the baking sheet. Cook the florets for 15 minutes, flip and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown!
- Place the cauliflower nuggets on a serving platter and serve with tzatziki.