Thai Chicken Totchos
Thai Chicken Totchos are a scrumptious smash-up of Thai flavors and nachos! Golden tater tots topped with Thai chicken and cheese make for the ultimate comfort food!
Or Tater Tot Nachos.
Either way, Totchos are the ultimate comfort food. Best served warmed with friends while you’re watching the big game or Netflix & Chilling. I’ve made some pretty tasty totchos in the past: Chicken Shawarma, Sweet Potato, and Brussels sprouts!
BUT! Today’s version is dare I say….EPIC! These Thai Chicken Totchos are packed with some serious flavor and are so delicious. I say we dive in and make these!
What’s in these Thai Chicken Totchos?
When it comes to making totchos you must have two things: a golden, crunchy vessel and cheese! Everything else is up to you! However, these Thai Chicken Totchos have some serious flavor, but don’t require a lot of ingredients. In this recipe you’ll find:
Chile garlic sauce
Red thai chili paste
Pretty straight forward, huh?
Tips for Making these Thai Chicken Totchos:
1) Par-Bake your or Cook your Tater Tots fully. By cooking your tater tots for about 10 to 15 minutes or cooking fully before you add the toppings, you will prevent the tater tots from getting soggy. Nobody wants soggy tater tots!
2) Thai chicken. If you can marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes prior to sauteing in the skillet it will help increase the flavor!
3) Tater tots. Any brand you can find at the grocery store will work! Or you can always make them homemade too!
Can I make these Thai Chicken Totchos in advance?
Yep! You can definitely have the chicken cooked and ready to go. All you would have to do is assemble the totchos and bake.
How do you reheat Totchos?
Great question! The best way to reheat totchos is by placing them on a baking sheet and then under the broiler for a few minutes. In the microwave they can become too soggy.
Can I make these Gluten-Free?
Heck yes! There are so many different flavors of tater tots on the market. If you want a more veggie forward you could certainly sub in cauliflower tater tots!
So, are you ready to make these Thai Chicken Totchos? If you do please let me know because I would love to hear if you enjoyed them!
More Totchos Recipes to Enjoy:
- Loaded Chicken Shawarma Totchos
- Ultimate Sweet Potato Totchos with Chipotle Aioli
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Totchos with Lemon Aioli
Thai Chicken Totchos
- 2 bags frozen tater tots
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the tater tots on the baking sheet and cook according to package instructions.
- While the tater tots cook, mix together curry paste, chili garlic sauce, ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, and chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet. Cook the chicken for a few minutes or until no longer pink. Once cooked remove the chicken from the skillet using a slotted spoon as there will be liquid left in the skillet.
- Remove the tater tots from the oven and set aside. Let them cool slightly before removing half the tater tots onto a different plate. This way you can layer the totchos better and save time by reusing the baking sheet.
- Spread half of the cook tater tots into an even layer on the baking sheet. Next, take some of the Thai chicken an sprinkle it over the tater tots followed by a cup of cheese. Repeat again using the tater tots, Thai chicken, and cheese. Place the baking sheet back into the oven to let the cheese melt about five to seven minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and garnish with green onions!