Turkish Shrimp BLT Salad
Turkish Shrimp BLT Salad is a flavorful, spiced-filled salad perfect lunch or dinner!
Put the stink-eye away for a moment.
I promise this isn’t just another salad.
The last thing we need on a Monday is another boring, lettuce filled bowl to add to our agenda. In fact, this salad has a way of bringing the PAR-TAY to your lunch or dinner table. I don’t know about you, but any excuse to ignore the to-do list, I’m down.
What makes this salad is definitely the Turkish spice. I’ve been playing with spice mixtures a lot lately because it’s a great way to take any ingredient and give it a little somethin’, somethin’. There are only so many ways to cook a chicken breast. BUT! When it comes to adding spice mixtures to said chicken breasts the options are endless. Make sense?
If shrimp isn’t your thing you could certainly swap it for chicken or beef. I plan to make big bowls of this Turkish Shrimp BLT Salad on repeat during the summer because it’s chock-full of delicious goodies. Bacon, tomato, and avocado, what’s not to like? You could even grill the romaine and do big individual dinner salads with all the fixings on top. GAH!
So my challenge for you this week is to take this Turkish spice mixture and add it to another protein. Mix up your weeknight dinner routine. I promise you will look at your spice draw a little differently!
Turkish Shrimp BLT Salad
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped, divided
- 4 hard boiled eggs, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half, divided
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce, divided
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a small bowl combine cumin, ground pepper, paprika, cayenne, oregano, cilantro, sumac and kosher salt.
- In another large bowl add the shrimp and about 2 tbsp of the Turkish spice mixture. You will have leftover spice mixture but that’s okay! Use it on any other veggies or meats. Toss the shrimp with the spices.
- Next, preheat a skillet to medium high heat. Add some olive oil to the skillet and in batches saute the shrimp. You’ll cook the shrimp for about a minute a side or until they curl. Once cooked remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Next assemble the salad. Place two cups of romaine into a salad bowl. Top with salad with two pieces of bacon, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes and shrimp.
- Take the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk them together. Pour some of the dressing on top of the salad. Repeat process with remaining four bowls. Enjoy!
In conclusion, the Turkish Shrimp BLT Salad is a tantalizing fusion of flavors. The succulent shrimp, crispy bacon, and vibrant veggies create a harmonious dish that concludes each bite with a burst of Mediterranean-inspired delight. Enjoy the satisfying and flavorful journey in every refreshing forkful.