15-Minute Greek Feta Salad
The 15-Minute Greek Feta Salad is a simple yet delicious dish, combining feta, cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and oregano. It offers a quick, refreshing, and flavorful salad option for those seeking a speedy but satisfying meal.
Once the weather starts to warm up the last thing I want to do is turn on the stove.
Enter, no-bake, no-fuss sides and appetizers.
Thankfully mother nature is on our side when it comes to warm temperatures because the amount of fresh produce within arms reach is a game changer.
Now, I’m all about pouring myself a glass of wine and having a mezze of appetizers for dinner. If you are in the same boat, let me show you a game changer recipe: 15-Minute Greek Feta Salad.
Simply chop up a few of your favorite veggies, slice a wedge of feta, and drizzle the tops with a quick vinaigrette. This will be your go-to all summer long! Let’s dive in and see what the fuss is about!
What’s in this 15-Minute Greek Feta Salad?
When it comes to making this Greek salad you want to use the freshest ingredients as possible. You’ll need:
- Feta block
- Green pepper
- Red Onion
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
Tips for Making this 15-Minute Greek Feta Salad:
- Feta. Buy the feta in blocks and keep in the fridge until you need to slice in half. This way the feta will remain cold and easier to cut.
- Olives. I have a minor obsession with olives so I could add kind. However, use what tastes good to you!!
- Cucumbers. I find that the small cucumbers used for pickling are better suited for this fresh salad recipe. If you have a regular cucumber I would peel the waxy skin off.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you aren’t a fan of feta, what other kind of cheese do you recommend?
Feta can be a tough, tart cheese to like sometimes so if that isn’t your jam you could try goat cheese or even whipped ricotta.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
You can prep all the ingredients ahead of time including the dressing. However, I would assemble 5 minutes prior to consuming so all the ingredients taste fresh.
Can I mix up the veggies that are used in this salad?
Yes! You can add whatever kind of veggies you’d like to this salad.
Can I add a protein to this salad to make it an entree?
Absolutely. Grilled chicken or fish would be a lovely addition to this salad.
More Greek Recipes to Enjoy:
15-Minute Greek Feta Salad
- 6 ounces Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 small Cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium Red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 3 4 ounce Feta blocks, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, red onion, and kalamata olives.
- Place the feta wedges on a serving platter. Top the feta with the mixed veggies. Drizzle the olive oil and red vinegar over the veggies and cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt, and pepper.