Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs
Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs are a delicious appetizer or meal that is bursting with flavor and easy to make!
In the world of produce, apples reign supreme.
Dare I say apple season is the best season? Well, if you are on team apple these Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs will be right up your alley.
A quick mixture of spices and beef rolled into a meatball and then glazed with a tangy apple glaze. OH MY. Not only do these juicy gems take only 20 minutes to make, but are amazing for meal prep because you can have these meatballs as an appetizer or add them to salads later in the week.
So, ready to jump on the apple bandwagon?
Let’s make some MEATBALLS!
What are in these Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs?
A great way to make a meal that is healthy, low-carb, and made in 20 minutes are meatballs. Only a handful of ingredients are required to make these beauties. Here is what you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- Panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- Apple juice
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Ground ginger
- Green onions
Tips for Making these Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs:
- Ground Beef. Make sure to bring the ground beef to room temperature prior to mixing. This will help ensure an even cooking time while in the skillet.
- Don’t over mix. When mixing the meatball mixture you want to mix all the ingredients together before you add the beef. You will add the ground beef last to help make sure the ground beef does not get over mixed and dried out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these gluten free?
Yes! Simply add almond flour in place of the panko. Or if you can find gluten free panko at the store that would be great!
Can I substitute the ground beef for another protein?
Absolutely! I would try ground pork, lamb, chicken, turkey, or a plant-based product.
Can you make this ahead of time?
You bet! These Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs can be made a day ahead and simply reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave for a few minutes.
What do you suggest serving these with as a meal?
I would serve these Apple Glazed Skillet Meatballs over some white rice with either roasted veggies or a big green salad. Keep it simple because these meatballs will steal the show.
More Delicious Meatball Recipes to Enjoy:
- Enchilada Turkey Meatball Skillet
- Turkish Spiced Meatball Subs
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Open-Faced Beef Stroganoff Meatball Sandwiches
Apple Glazed Beef Meatballs
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 large Egg
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground cayenne, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Apple juice
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp Cornstarch or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the panko, egg, garlic, 1/4 tsp cayenne, salt, and pepper. Next, add in the ground beef and mix throughly with hands.
- Shape the beef mixture into 12, 1-inch sized meatballs.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the meatballs, turning occasionally until brown and no longer pink inside. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and remaining cayenne pepper. In the same skillet as you cooked the meatballs, add the apple juice mixture.
- Bring the sauce to a slight simmer and continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return the meatballs to the skillet to heat through and coat with sauce.
- Transfer meatballs to serving dish and garnish with green onions.