Easy Beer Cheese Bread
Easy Beer Cheese Bread is a delicious and savory bread that’s made with bacon, beer, jalapenos, and cheese!
I like my carbs with carbs.
Okay, I like my carbs with carbs with beer, cheese, and jalapenos.
How can you say no to that?
Well, if you are into this ingredient list than you have to try making a loaf of this Easy Beer Cheese Bread. And when I say easy, I mean easy. There’s no active yeast, no rising, and no kneading. All that stands in you way of enjoying a slice of this bread is a mixture of a few ingredients and waiting for it to bake until golden brown and cheesy.
Ready for a baking adventure?
What’s in this Easy Beer Cheese Bread?
If you’ve been a reader of the Curious Plate for a long time, you know that baking is not my jam. Active yeast frightens me which is why I adore this Easy Beer Cheese Bread because start to finish it only takes an hour to make.
For this recipe you will need:
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
Tips for Making this Easy Beer Cheese Bread:
- Beer. I’m a big fan of IPA beers when it comes to cooking. Typically you want to use a beer that you actually enjoy drinking because most of the time you don’t use a whole can and have some leftovers. And let’s be real, we aren’t here to waste beer!
- Cheese. If you aren’t a fan of cheddar you can definitely swap out for gouda or a white cheddar. OOOOh….smoked mozzarella would be amazing too! Either way, try to keep the cheese in this bread because it makes it an 11/10 situation.
- Jalapenos. I adore spice. However, if you aren’t into jalapenos that’s totally fine. You can either omit the jalapeno all together and use a 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper for less heat.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long will a loaf of this Easy Beer Cheese Bread last?
This bread will last up to a week at room temperature on the kitchen counter if properly sealed in an airtight container.
I don’t drink alcohol, what’s a good replacement for beer?
I would try using beef or chicken stock. Keep the measuring amount the same!
Can I freeze this bread?
You bet! Once baked and cooled this bread freezes well and will last up to a month.
Can you make this Easy Beer Cheese Bread dairy free?
Of course! I would substitute the cheese and cream cheese with non-dairy approved products!
Can I make this Easy Beer Cheese Bread gluten-free?
I have not tried this recipe using gluten-free flour, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work!
More Easy Bread Recipes to Enjoy:
- Roasted Tomato & Burrata Bread Toss
- Spicy Basil Chicken Flatbread with Thai Salsa
- Za’atar Spiced Tomatoes & Chickpea Flatbread
- Layered Antipasto Cheese Bread
Easy Beer Cheese Bread
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Beer (your favorite kind!)
- 1 large Egg
- 6 ounces Plain cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices Cooked bacon, chopped finely
- 3 large Jalapenos, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven 375 degrees. Line a 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, beer and egg.
- In another medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, fold in the cream cheese mixture into dough until just combined. If you need to add a bit more beer to the batter because it looks a bit dry go ahead. Just be careful to not over mix.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with extra cheddar, bacon and jalapeños if desired. Bake 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes before serving!