Fireside Cheese Dip
Fireside Cheese Dip is an easy, delicious appetizer that’s perfect for entertaining a crowd! Made with cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and spices, this dip is bursting with flavor!
How can one say no to a cheesy dip?
If you are just joining us, I kicked off The Curious Plate Thanksgiving yesterday with an Easy Guide on How to Host Thanksgiving + a Free Printable Checklist. It’s chock-full of entertaining tips, recommendations for kitchen tools, and a full Thanksgiving menu to help make the big turkey feel like a breeze.
Each day this week I will be sharing a brand new recipe to add to the ultimate Thanksgiving menu. So make sure to check-in throughout the week and bring your appetite.
Well, today I’m sharing an amazing appetizer that will not only keep hunger at bay until the turkey is served. BUT! Is easy to prepare a couple days in advance and can be served with assorted crackers, veggies, etc.
Ready to get your dip on?
What’s in this Fireside Cheese Dip?
When it comes to making an appetizer for any holiday or event, I want it to be easy. Just a few ingredients is all it takes to make something light, refreshing, and delicious. For this recipe you will need:
- Cheddar cheese spread
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder or garlic clove
- Fresh parsley
Tips for Making this Fireside Cheese Dip:
- Cheese spread. You can find this next to the gourmet cheese section at the grocery store. There are many options, but you want to use a higher quality brand if you can since this will be the base of the spread. I recommend: Kaukauna, President, or Black Diamond.
- Garlic powder. If you want a fresh garlic taste instead of using garlic powder use a grated garlic clove.
- Food processor. You can definitely mix this spread by hand. However, if you have a mini food processor, blend it in there to save yourself some time!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How far in advance can you make this Fireside Cheese Dip?
You can make this up to a week ahead of time. I would recommend at least making it 24 hours in advance from serving. The longer this dip sits in the fridge the more time the flavors have a chance to blend together.
Can I make this dairy free?
Good question. If you can find vegan cheese spread and vegan cream cheese I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to make it dairy free!
What do you serve this Fireside Cheese Dip?
So many options! If you are serving this on Thanksgiving Day I would serve with a collection of vegetables like carrots, radishes, cucumbers, celery, etc. Also, you can serve crackers, pita chips, or toasted crostini.
More Delicious Thanksgiving Appetizers to Enjoy:
- Easy Smoky Carrot Dip
- Holiday Crackers Three Ways!
- Harvest Charcuterie Board
- Baked Three Cheese Onion Dip
If you need more Thanksgiving Day recipe inspiration make sure to check out our Thanksgiving recipes here!
Fireside Cheese Dip
- 1 16oz Container of cheddar cheese spread, room temp
- 1 12oz Plain cream cheese, room temp
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove, grated
- Paprika, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a medium bowl or small food processor, combine chees spread, cream cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- Blend using a spatula or on low speed in the food processor. If you need to add a bit of olive oil to help combine the ingredients that's okay!
- Once blended, add to a container and place in the fridge to chill overnight or for at least 3 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with crackers and assorted veggies!