Za’atar Panzanella Salmon Salad
Za’atar Panzanella Salmon Salad is a fresh, simple and delicious salad to serve for lunch or dinner!
Ready to kick some serious tookus this year.
I still can’t believe it’s 2019. Someone tweeted yesterday that 1999 was twenty years ago and that made me feel really old. That means I am two years away from my 20th high school reunion. YIKES.
Do people still go to reunions? I didn’t go to my 10th and I have mixed feelings about attending the 20th. I dunno. Send me your thoughts on whether going is a good or bad idea.
Speaking of good and bad ideas, what is on your resolution list this year? Truth: I am not one to make resolutions because I forget. Yes, that sounds terrible, but for me, I am always changing and building things that having one strict goal makes me feel constricted. Hence why I am not in the military. Authority or having someone tell me what to do makes me livid.
Anyway, instead of making resolutions I try to focus on three main areas of my life that need a little more attention. Right now I am focusing on working out because with the move and holidays last year my routine got way out of wack! Second is making our home a home. We are working on some big plans for this old ass house. Third is eating better which includes more consistent meals at home.
And boy do I have an easy meal to make at home! This Za’atar Panzanella Salmon Salad is my new best friend. All you do, for reals, is roast the salmon, toss it with all the panzanella usual suspects and serve. Even though my mother wouldn’t call this a salad because there’s hardly any lettuce. I say if it’s not a giant cheeseburger well, this can be a salad.
Maybe I should bring this Za’atar Panzanella Salmon Salad to my 20 year reunion?
Wait. “You don’t make friends with salad” (name that TV show.)
Za'atar Panzanella Salmon Salad
- 3 cups ciabatta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 six-ounce center cut wild salmon filets
- 4 tsp Za’atar seasoning
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- cucumber slices, for garnish
- red onion slices, for garnish
- feta crumbles, for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the bread cubes on the baking sheet a toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Toast the bread cubes for about 7to 9 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove the bread cubes from the oven and place in a large bowl.
- Next, on the same baking sheet spray with a little more non-stick cooking spray. Place the salmon filets on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each filet with 2 tsp Za’atar seasoning, drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook the filets for about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In a large bowl combine, garlic, parsley, grape tomatoes, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. On the same baking sheet as the salmon spread the grape tomatoes evenly. Cook the tomatoes for about 15 minutes or until they have soften. Remove from the oven.
- To serve toss together the bread cubes with tomatoes. Cut the salmon into thin slices and place on top. Garnish with red onion slices, cucumber and crumbled feta. Serve and enjoy!
In conclusion, our Za’atar Panzanella Salmon Salad is a culinary masterpiece that brings the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean to your plate. With every bite, you savor the harmony of crispy salmon, fresh vegetables, and aromatic za’atar seasoning. Enjoy a healthy and delicious journey with every serving!