Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze
Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze are a healthier, yet tasty dessert or snack to make in your air fryer!
Truth: I eat an apple (almost) every day.
My favorite varietal of apple is honeycrisp.
There’s something about the deep crunch when you bite into a sweet honeycrisp that make me instantly giddy. It’s the perfect fruit for breakfast, snack, and the best, dessert!
Apple season is prime in the fall so if you ever go apple picking when the foliage is prime you will need a special treat. These Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze are light, fluffy, and packed with all the apple flavors. Made entirely in the Air Fryer these fritters won’t weigh you down like the old fashioned fritters. One bite and you’ll be skipping through those apple orchards.
Alright, ready to make these scrumptious treats?
What are in these Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze?
Like I mentioned above these apple fritters are light, fluffy, and quick to make thanks to the handy air fryer. The batter is mixed together in one bowl and once assembled all you need to do is drop scoops of the batter in the air fryer and away you go! You will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Favorite varietal of apple
- Powdered sugar
Tips for Making these Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze:
- Apples. You will want to make sure to peel and core your apples prior to chopping. This will allow the sweetness of the apple to come through.
- Air Fryer. Any air fryer will work! However, I do recommend using the Cosori Air Fryer Max XL (affilate link) because it has an x-large basket which means I could air fryer 4 tablespoon sized fritters at once.
- Batter size. If you want bigger fritters I would do 1/4 cup of batter and only air fry 2 fritters at once. If you want smaller fritters like I did you will want about 1.5 tbsp of batter! The smaller amount means you can hold more fritters. Plus, I like to pop these treats in my mouth as quickly as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What type of apples do you recommend if you can’t find honeycrisp?
You can use any kind of apple – green, gala, red delicious, etc. Whatever you see at the store that looks tasty, go for it!
What do the apple fritters taste like since they are cooked in the air fryer?
Since they are not traditionally fried in oil these fritters will have a more cake like consistency. PROMISE. They are tasty!
The vanilla glaze is too thick, what did I do wrong?
Not to worry! Simply add more milk until the glaze is of your desired consistency. Also, the best chance for the glaze to spread is by adding it to the fritters right when they come out of the air fryer.
Do I have to use an air fryer to make fritters?
Nope! You can certainly make them the old fashioned way on the stove top.
How long will the apple fritters keep?
Best eaten immediately. However, you can store the fritters in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days!
More Delicious Apple Recipes to Enjoy:
- Apple Bourbon Ginger Spritz
- Carrot Apple Muffins with Citrus Glaze
- Salted Chocolate Chip Apple Skillet Cookie
- Churro Apple Pies with Salted Caramel
Air Fryer Fritters with Vanilla Glaze
- For the Apple Fritters:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large honeycrisp apple ( or your favorite apple!)
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cub unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp whole milk, add more as needed
- For the Apple Fritters:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. This will allow the air fryer basket to get nice and hot. Should only take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, kosher salt, cinnamon, and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Using a spatula, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and eggs. Stir everything together. If the batter is sticky add a splash of water to help smooth it out.
- Line the preheated air fryer basket with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray. Next, dollop 4 - 1.5 tablespoons of batter into each the basket making sure to not overcrowd.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees and cook the fritters for 4 minutes. Next, flip them over and only for about 2 to 3 minutes to get that nice golden color.
- Remove the fritters from the air fryer and set them on a cool rack. Immediately drizzle each fritter with the vanilla glaze. Repeat process until all the batter has been used.
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- In a medium saucepan preheated to medium heat, melt the butter and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the powered sugar followed by the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth adding more milk if needed until it reaches your desired glaze consistency.