What I’m Excited to Make in August!
What I’m Excited to Make in August is a collection of delicious, seasonal recipes that highlights produce like zucchini, corn, tomatoes, and more! Plus, I’ve included some extra flavorful dishes to make sure you are armed and ready for Labor Day weekend, quick meals for back-to-school, and all the Colorado peach recipes!
You’re coming in HAWT.
With 100 + degree temps and garden produce going gangbusters, it’s hard to even think that in the next few weeks kiddos will be going back-to-school. Honestly, it’s a bit much to wrap my head around because this will be Charlie’s first year of preschool!
Anyway, if you are feeling a bit of summer and produce paralysis, I feel ya! I say we stick with summer a bit longer and enjoy all of it’s fruits of labor. I put together a collection of yummy food to make this month. You’ll find the following produce in season:
- Bell peppers
If you are looking for a specific ingredient, don’t forget to check out our dedicated ingredients page! Just click on any ingredient you wish to cook and it will pull all of the specific recipes using said ingredients. It’s super cool! Click to find the Recipe Index!
- Strawberry and Peach Tahini Cake
- Grilled Peach & Whipped Blue Cheese Toast
- Kombucha Peach Rum Punch
- Peach & Bacon Pancakes with Lavender Butter Syrup
- White Chocolate Peach S’mores
- Grilled Peach & Bacon Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- Peach-Rosemary Bourbon Sparkler
- Grilled Tomatoes, Cheddar Cheese, & Watermelon with Basil-Mint Dressing
- Roasted Curry Tomato Galette
- Prosciutto & Egg Sandwich with Tomato Tarragon Sauce
- Tomato & Bacon Upside Down Cake
- Easy Tomato Tart with Almond Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Tomato Smoked Salmon
- Roasted Tomato & Burrata Bread Toss
- Stuffed Zucchini with Taiwanese Grilled Corn
- French Onion Zoodle Bake
- Three Cheese Scalloped Zucchini
- Turkish Zucchini Burgers with Greek Yogurt Harissa Sauce
- Garden Veggie Parmesan Tart
- Elote Corn Pudding
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Corn-Okra Relish
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Toasts with Smoky Corn Bacon
- Mexican Corn & Chorizo Pancakes with Fried Egg & Heirloom Tomato Salsa
- Slow Cooker Spiced Baby Back Rib Tostadas with Corn Relish & Crema
- Buratta & Jalapeno Corn Grilled Cheese
- Easy Kung Pao Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Lamb Sliders with Pepper Relish
- Easy Vegetarian Hatch Chile Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Greek Gyro Bowls
- Easy Ginger Salmon Burgers with Pickled Cucumbers
- Easy Cauliflower Rice Korean Pizza Bowls
- Easy Quinoa Beef Meatball Subs